Access Books Online
Book Discussions Online
Take a look at one of these websites for book recommendations:
- https://www.youtube.com/user/booktrailers4all Book trailers about books!
- www.teenreads.com favorite teen authors and books.
- www.teenink.com/Books book reviews written by teens.
- thereadingroom reviews and lists
- www.librarything.com an online service to help you catalog the books you read and give you suggestions on what you might like to read next.
- http://www.readingrants.org/ Out of the Ordinary Book Reviews
- Recommended books for college-bound students
Student Services in the Library
- Good news! The library has textbooks for use inside the library. This service is available before school or during an open lunch. If you need to catch up on an assignment while your book is still missing and you are arranging payment or replacement, look for the textbook loan cart inside the library on the far side of the counter.
- Project Help-Station - We also have tools for you to use as you do your homework; 3-hole punch, stapler, scissors, pencil sharpener or some paper.
- 52 networked computers
- Black & White and Color printers are available for students to print assignments, grade printouts, current events and other research.
- Sacramento Public Library Databases: http://www.saclibrary.org/Research
Enter your public library card barcode and PIN to access these great research databases.
- Homework Spot:http://www.homeworkspot.com/
a free homework information portal that features the very best K-12 homework-related sites together with engaging editorial in one high-utility, educational spot
Our Library's Mission:
- To engage all students in a lifelong love of learning and reading
- To provide a library collection that reflects the diversity in our school, community and world
- To provide print and non-print materials that support school curriculum, national, state and district standards
- To provide access for all students to technology and information beyond the school building
- To teach information literacy and help students develop skills to find, evaluate and use a variety of resources
- To collaborate with teachers, school staff and parents to meet the educational needs of all students
- Our School
- General Info
- District Resources
- School Rules and Policies